Businesses and individuals can be held liable for faults or acts of negligence caused by them, their families or their employees while doing business. These often turn into expensive law suits. Public liability insurance protects your business against such unexpected accidents that can have major financial consequences for your business.
Who Should Buy This?
Public liability insurance also known as commercial general liability Insurance should be taken out by any business that has a liability exposure due to conducting their business. E.g. MEP & Interior Fit-Out Companies, Courie Companies, Restaurants, etc. These and other similar companies deal with a lot of client deliveries and have a lot of staff working in the field and outside the business premises.
This type of policy covers third party bodily injury and property damage claims, as well as losses arising from the premises, products, or operations of a company. Public liability insurance offers cover for third party liabilities such as
- physical injury
- accidental bodily injury and/or death
- property damage arising from being present in the premises of an insured business
- A visitor tripping within office premises
- A fire spreading to a neighboring property
- Legal expenses
- Can be extended to cover legal expenses arising out of
- Sudden and accidental pollution
- Act of god perils
- Transportation of hazardous substances
- Carriage of treated effluents
- Car park liability(Optional)
- First aid treatment(Optional)
- Liability arising out of use of lifts, escalators(Optional)
- Custom made insurance solutions to match the requirements of your business
- Risk assessment Services
- Multi-locations can be covered under one policy
- Insurance Company has a panel of experienced lawyers that handle litigations on your behalf
- Flexible amounts (called limit of indemnity) of covers.
- Cover includes any legal fees and expenses which result from any claim by a third party within the policy limits
- Flexibility to add various options & extensions